Homemade spread is a little bit of extra work, but so tasty and good for you. Forget the conservatifs and bad fattys.
- 200 g sunflower seeds soaked
- 150 g sun dried tomatoes half dried
- 5 tbsp olive oil or the oil of the tomatoes
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh, to taste
- 2 pinch Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 handful parsley cut
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sweet red pepper powder
- 1 pinch chili powder optional
- 1 handful black olives pitted
Let the seeds soak for a few hours in water. Keep the soaked seeds, get rid of the water.
Add all in a blender or use the bar mixer in a high bowl. Blend for a minute or two and taste for the seasoning.
If you like, add some spring onions or some shoyu if you like it salty.
This is a nice sandwich spread or a dipper for your homeparty, together with some breadsticks or cherry tomatoes.